Bang Digital releases WA Digital Marketing Report
2018 March: Campaign Brief discusses the release of Bang Digital's fifth annual WA Digital Marketing ReportPublished: 15 March 2018
Bang Digital has released its 2018 WA Digital Marketing Report. Now in its fifth year, Bang CEO Renae Lunjevich said this year’s report reflected some changes in the business environment.
“This year we have included a specific section on social media due to the growth of this across all industries and business segments. We have also included a section specifically for small, medium and large businesses, so they can see a ‘snapshot’ of where they should be directing their strategy.”
Major shifts in the market identified this year include:
- 97% of businesses now engage in social media marketing and almost all have a Facebook business page.
- In addition to Facebook, LinkedIn is the recommended social platform for B2B and Instagram is the recommended social platform for B2C.
- Advertising on social media is undertaken by most organisations and continues to grow, with the biggest growth coming from small to medium businesses.
- Most businesses manage their social media in-house, however 40% of large businesses use a combination of in-house and outsourcing as they begin to realise that they need help to succeed online.
- Future focus is on content marketing and video content development, though respondents are also moving towards UX, customer journey mapping and more personalised marketing.
- The spend on digital marketing as part of the overall marketing budget is stabilising for medium and large businesses at around 30%. By comparison, digital will command almost 60% of the marketing budget in the 2018 financial year for small business.
Download a copy of the report HERE.