Bang Digital to host their own Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
Did you know 1 in 2 Australians are diagnosed with cancer before the age of 85? Our incredible client Cancer Council WA wants to change that, but they need your help. Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea was set up so everyone could do their bit and make a real difference towards a cancer free future.
Taking place on Thursday 23rd May, this is Bang Digital’s second year holding our own morning tea and we can’t wait. Read on to find out how you can join us in the fight against cancer.
Who are Cancer Council?
Cancer never rests, and for that reason, neither do Cancer Council. As the nation’s leading cancer charity, they work across every aspect of cancer from uniting the community and creating hope to providing support and saving lives. They’re here for all Aussies impacted by cancer, offering:
- Support – Providing a range of services to support anyone affected by cancer
- Research – Funding more cancer research than any other non-government organisation in Australia
- Prevention – Developing programs that encourage and empower people to lead healthier lives to help reduce their cancer risk
- Advocacy – Working with the community to change laws and policies to reduce cancer risks and improve cancer care
What is Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea?
Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is Cancer Council’s most popular fundraising event and the largest, most successful event of its kind in Australia. The idea is simple – get your friends, colleagues or community together over some tea and treats to help raise vital funds for those affected by cancer.
Every dollar raised through your Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea goes towards life-saving research, prevention, support programs and information. Here’s some of the ways your donation can contribute towards improvements:
- $25 protects 15 children from potentially harmful sun exposure through Cancer Council’s SunSmart school program
- $43 pays for a cancer nurse to be available on 13 11 20 for an hour to offer expertise and support to those in need
- $155 provides transport and a night’s stay at a local Cancer Council Lodge for people who need to travel for vital cancer treatment
- $510 helps provide annual training to Support Group Volunteers so they can offer ongoing emotional and practical support to those impacted by cancer
- $1000 pays for an analysis of two gene samples for a research project, helping to progress cancer research
How you can help
Whether you’re hosting an event, attending one or simply supporting someone you care about, it’s easy to show your support. For those wanting to set up their own Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, here’s how:
- Register to host your morning tea today
- Keep an eye out for your free host kit in the mail
- Start planning your tea
- Ask for donations online and on the day
- Enjoy your morning tea!
- Bank the funds you’ve raised
- Thank everyone for coming and let them know how much you’ve raised
From our experience, hosting your own Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a rewarding and worthwhile way to stand up to cancer. Here’s a throwback to our morning tea last year. We wonder what sweet treats will be on the table this year…
Help Bang Digital raise funds for Australians living with cancer by donating to our official fundraising page. Every little bit counts towards making a real difference.