Bang Digital to host its own Cancer Council Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
Everyone knows someone affected by cancer. Today, there are more than 1.1 million Australians who are either living with cancer or have survived a diagnosis. Cancer Council wants to change that, but they need our help.
Since 2017, Bang Digital has been fortunate enough to work with Cancer Council Western Australia (CCWA), helping them achieve their digital marketing goals and spread their mission of a cancer free future.
This includes their annual Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and we couldn’t be more excited to be hosting our very own in the Bang Digital office later this month. This May, we’ll be joining our fantastic client CCWA to help raise vital funds for cancer research, prevention and support services.
In their 25th anniversary of the morning tea, Cancer Council aims to make this their biggest year yet. So read on to find out a little bit of background on the charity, their event and how you can get involved as well.
Who are Cancer Council?
Cancer Council is the nation’s leading cancer charity working across every aspect of cancer – from uniting the community and creating hope to providing support and saving lives. They’re there for all Australians affected by cancer by providing:
- Support: Offering a range of services to support anyone affected by cancer
- Research: Funding more cancer research than any other non-government organisation in Australia
- Prevention: Developing programs that encourage and empower people to lead healthier lifestyles to help reduce their cancer risk
- Advocacy: Working with the community to change laws and policies to reduce cancer risks and improve cancer care
What is Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea?
Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is Cancer Council’s most popular fundraising event and the largest, most successful event of its kind in Australia. The idea is simple – get your friends, colleagues and community together over some tea and treats to help raise vital money for people affected by cancer.
All the donations made across the country go towards helping achieve significant improvements in cancer prevention, screening and treatment for the approximately 46,000 people affected by cancer each year. Since it began in 1994, the event has raised more than $192 million and last year alone was able to raise an amazing $11.9 million.
So when you host your own Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, you’re helping:
- Support GPs and health professionals – By funding resources to support them advise patients on cancer prevention, screening and diagnosis
- Support people impacted by cancer – By ensuring a cancer nurse is available on 13 11 20 to offer information and support on all aspects of cancer
- Provide transport and accommodation – For people who need to travel for their cancer treatment
How to host with the most
Bang Digital has signed up for the Cancer Council Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea – and you should too! By signing up, you’re taking the first important step towards making a difference in the fight against cancer. Then by hosting, your efforts will help Cancer Council be there for thousands of Australians affected by cancer. Here’s some top tips on how to set up your own morning tea:
- Start by registering to host a morning tea on Cancer Council’s website
- Share your online fundraising page with your family, friends and colleagues across email and social
- Get planning and set a date (your morning tea can be as big or small as you wish)
- Have fun morning tea day!
- Finally, don’t forget to bank the fantastic funds you raised
Help Bang Digital raise funds for Australians living with cancer by donating to our official fundraising page. Every little bit counts towards making a real difference.