The 2019 WA Digital Marketing Report is here!
The wait is finally over – the 2019 WA Digital Marketing Report is back and bigger than ever! In our sixth consecutive year, the report continues to shed light on the current digital climate in WA. As a result, businesses can benchmark themselves against others in the state and gain an edge over the competition. Read on to find out more about the report and what to expect this year.
What is the WA Digital Marketing Report?
The WA Digital Marketing Report began when our Managing Director Renae identified a gap in the market for a WA-specific report. While there was plenty of data supported information about businesses on a national and international scale, there was nothing that WA businesses could take and use to make practical marketing decisions.
So Renae decided to create a report that could be used as a resource for these businesses to inform their marketing decisions – and the WA Digital Marketing Report was born! Now, not only is it the longest running report of its kind in WA, it also provides fantastic insights on how specific industries are using digital marketing in the ever-evolving online space.
What can I expect in 2019?
So what makes the 2019 WA Digital Marketing Report different from previous years? For starters, we’ve approached this year’s report with an industry-specific focus. We conducted communications with business owners, senior executives and marketing professionals across 8 primary industries, including:
- Energy, Mining, Construction & Manufacturing
- Government, Utilities & Tertiary Education
- Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure
- Information, Communication & Technology
- Professional Services
- Retail & Ecommerce
And the results were enlightening. By surveying participants across 8 vastly different industries, we were able to uncover some very interesting trends and gain insights into how each sector uses marketing in WA. Some of these key findings included, but are not limited to:
- Social media is the most widely used marketing activity
- Marketing automation is the least used digital marketing activity
- New technologies are opening more doors for marketers and businesses
- Competition is the biggest challenge facing businesses
- Social media continues to dominate but a lot of businesses are still not seeing desired results
- The majority of businesses continue to manage social media internally
- There’s confusion around how to measure and optimise results on social
- The majority of businesses don’t have a CRO strategy
- The majority of businesses use analytics and goal tracking on their website/app
- The majority of businesses monitor their mobile performance and site speed
- Digital spends increased year-on-year
And this is just the beginning. We have so much more to share with you so download your copy today! Then want to dig deeper? Get in touch with the Bang Digital team and we’ll send you an industry-specific report too!